West Palm Beach Car Accident Attorney. Vehicle accidents are the most common type of personal injury and wrongful death cases in Florida.Â Â They are usually caused by someone being negligent or reckless behind the wheel. Common allegations we see are improper lane changes, careless driving, reckless driving, failing to keep a proper look out, driving too fast for conditions, failing to perceive hazards, disobeying traffic signals and laws and driving under the influence.
The key to a good vehicle accident case is when the other person who is at fault or is mostly at fault for causing the accident and your permanent injury has liability insurance to pursue. Â Unfortunately, we are seeing more and more people in Florida driving around with very low insurance policy limits and sometimes no insurance at all. Many people who buy the bare minimum amount of insurance limits the law requires, think they are fully protected. Â That could not be further from the truth. Â In Florida, the minimum amount of insurance required is only $10,000 in PIP limits. Â This won’t even cover a couple days in a hospital, much less costs of suregries, ongoing treatment, lost wages and pain and suffering.
If the at-fault driver has no insurance or inadequate insurance, you may be able to pursue your own insurance policy benefits if you paid extra for uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM) protection. Â Again, most people think they are fully covered, but they usually do not have UM coverage because it is not required by law and costs more to have. Â Most people reject UM coverage when they initially apply for a policy.
Perkins Law Offices will helpÂ you understand the different insurance policies and benefits at play. Â We will find any and all coverage available or parties liable for the accident and have successfully obtained personal money from defendants over and above any insurance limits.
Perkins Law Offices regularly helps people who are seriously injured in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, bicycle accidents, scooter/moped accidents, vehicle on pedestrian accidents, drunk driving accidents, hit and runs, chain reaction collisions and motorcycle lay downs cases. Â Vehicle accidents can cause catastrophic, life altering injuries and death. But even smaller impact collisions can cause injures that interfere with your enjoyment of life.
West Palm Beach Car Accident Attorney. Below is a list of rules you should follow if you are in a car accident:
1. Call PoliceÂ so a crash report will be filed.
2. RememberÂ as much as you can about how the accident happened:
- The speeds of the vehicles.
- The lanes of travel the vehicles were in.
- The direction of travel of the vehicles.
- What the impacts were.
- What the other driver and witnesses said at the scene.
3. Take picturesÂ of the accident scene, the vehicles and your injuries if you are not too injured to do so or immediately transported to the hospital.
4. Get names and contact infoÂ of any witnesses that may help prove your case.
5. Seek medical treatment immediately even if you do not have insurance or a regular doctor. Car Insurance companies will not take your injury case seriously if you do not get treatment immediately or if you have a gap in treatment dates. Â Even your own insurance company may not pay your own PIP benefits if you dont go to a hospital or doctor immediately.
6. Do not talk to anyoneÂ about the car accident or injuries other than your attorney or doctor after the accident other than police. You do not want to talk with an insurance adjuster or investigator, sometimes even from your own carrier because they are not there to help you. Â Make sure you talk to Perkins Law offices before speaking to anyone or giving any statements about the accident or your injuries.
7. Keep trackÂ of all of your Â damages such as medical bills, lost time and wages from work. Make sure you tell Perkins injury lawyers every detail about your injuries and how the injuries affect your life.
West Palm Beach Car Accident Attorney. The few minutes after a car crash can literally make the difference between winning or losing your case, even when the accident is not your fault. Our West Palm Beach car accident law firm recommends that everybody, whether driving or riding asÂ passenger, always wears ones seatbelt, no matter how far you are driving. It can be a critical mistake to think people do not need to wear a seatbelt if they are just driving around the corner. Studies have proven that a person has a 400% greater chance of surviving an accident if they are properly seat belted.
8. DiscloseÂ to Perkins Law Offices about any prior accidents, lawsuits, claims or other personal things that may affect your case. Â Do not worry, everything you say to Perkins Law Offices is confidential and protected by the attorney client privilege.
West Palm Beach Car Accident Attorney
West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer
Were you in a car accident in West Palm Beach? Call us now at 855-741-5297 (LAWS)
Call an experiencedÂ West Palm Beach car accident lawyer today to find out how they can help with your auto accident case right now. If you or someone in your family has been in a car accident in the south Florida area, call a personal injury lawyer to handle your case. There are a few steps to follow If you have been in a car accident in West Palm Beach or the surrounding areas.
What can I do if I am in a Car Accident in West Palm Beach?
- Call 911:
Make sure that the authorities are on their wayÂ—whether you are calling them, or another person on the scene is. If you make the call, be absolutely sure that you do not admit fault for the accident. Things happen fast on the road and it can be hard to tell exactly who or what forces contributed to causing the accident to occur.
- Collect the following information in writing or on your phone:
1. The name, address and phone number of the other driver.
2. The other driverÂ’s insurance company and policy information.
3. Pictures of the vehicles involved, particularly the license plate of the other car.
4. General details of the crash, including specific locations and the events that took place leading up to the crash, such as the speeds at which both cars were traveling.
5. The names and phone numbers of any witnesses that may have been present on the scene or that may have seen any aspect of the accident. These details are crucial, so even if there is a language barrierÂ—attempt to collect as many witness identifiers as possible.
Types of car accidents we handle
The West Palm Beach Florida personal injury lawyers at Perkins Law Offices can represent accident victims injured in all types of car accidents including:
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents